|Date and Place of Birth:
||February 3, 1922, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
||Diplomvolkswirt, 1948, University of Marburg
Dr.rer.pol., 1949, University of Cologne
Ph.D., 1955, New York University
||1954-55, Assistant Professor of Economics,
Iona College, New Rochelle, NY.
1956-92, Professor of Economics and Chairman of the
Department of Economics, Grove City College, Grove City, PA.
1957-70, Member, Economists' National Committee on
Monetary Policy, New York, NY.
1969-91, Trustee, The Foundation for Economic Education, Irvington-on-Hudson, NY.
1970-85, Director and Vice President, Committee for Monetary
Research and Education, New York, NY.
1976-84, Director and Vice President, Gold Lake Mines, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada.
1977-79, Member, Shadow Cabinet, Conservative Caucus, Washington, DC.
1978-85, Director, Multinational Investments, Inc., Cleveland, OH.
1978-92, Senior Writer, Private Practice, Oklahoma City, OK.
1992-97, President of The Foundation for Economic Education, Irvington-on-Hudson, NY.
1986-present, Advisor, Central Fund of Canada, Ancaster, Ontario, Canada.
|Publications: Books and Booklets
- Divided Europe, New York, NY, 1955.
- Moneda y libertad, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1961.
- The Great Depression, Lansing, MI, 1969.
- Inflation or Gold Standard, Lansing, MI, 1973.
- Gold is Money, Westport, CT, 1975.
- Death and Taxes, Washington, DC 1976, 2nd ed. 1982.
- Problemas económicas de actualidad, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1977.
- Age of Inflation, Belmont, MA, 1977, 1979; Spanish: Tiempos de inflation, Buenos Aires, Argenina, 1983.
- Money and Freedom, Spring Mills, PA, 1985; Spanish: Moneda y libertad, Buenos Aires, Argentina, 1987; Polish: Pieniadze I Wolnosc, London, England, 1991.
- The Politics of Unemployment, Spring Mills, PA, 1987.
- Debts and Deficits, Spring Mills, PA, 1987.
- The Great Depression: Will We Repeat It?, Spring Mills, PA, 1988.
- The Savings and Loan Bailout, Spring Mills, PA, 1989.
- Three Economic Commandments, Spring Mills, PA, 1990.
- The First Eighty Years of Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 1993.
- Reflection and Rememberance, Irvington, NY, 1997.
- Sowing the Wind, Grove City, PA, 2004.
|Publications: Essays and Articles
||Thirty-six in German journals and newspapers.|
Some 500 in American publications.
1956, Founders Day Award, New York University.
1964, Honorary Citizen, Lubbock, TX.
1978, Honorary Citizen, Houston, TX.
1979, Honorary Colonel, New Mexico.
1988, Doctor en Ciencias Sociales, Universidad Francisco
1990, Outstanding Teacher Award, Pennsylvania Academy for
the Profession of Teaching, Harrisburg, PA.
1991, Doctor of Laws, Culver-Stockton College, Canton, MO.
1992, Festschrift, with contributions by thirty-six authors.
1997, President emeritus, The Foundation for Economic
Education, Irvington, NY.
2004, Gary G. Schlarbaum Award for Liberty presented by
Ludwig von Mises Institute, San Mateo, CA
2007, Doctor of Laws, Grove City College, Grove City, PA.